• Google
    Web www.homeschoolingtimes.com
  • This Months Popular Video Games

• Recent Comments

• Meta

• Free Printables and Worksheets : Spelling Lists By Grade

By Lisa - Homeschooling Mom

If your child wants to do “spelling” list or learn words her peers are using here are a couple of great sites that let you print off spelling list by grade.
    The Ayers Spelling Scale was originally published in 1915 by Leonard Porter Ayers. It contains the 1000 most frequently used words.

Dolch Word List contains the 220 most frequently used words.
    http://www.all-about-spelling.com/free-spelling-lists.html has spelling lists organized by grade.

Kids Spell does not list words and lesson plans by grade but they do have excellent lessons to learn diphthongs and have some good vocab sheets to print off.

Super Teacher has some good free lists to print off initially – you can also buy some of their plans.

aaaSpell.com has lots of free lessons plans for spelling by grade.

Related Homeschooling and Unschooling Articles

Free French Worksheets and PrintablesGreat Math Site and Free Math Worksheets and PrintablesFree Singapore Math Worksheets, Printables and Resources

Topics: General Homeschooling and Unschooling, Homeschooling and Online Fun, Lesson Plans and Printables, Worksheets | 8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Free Printables and Worksheets : Spelling Lists By Grade”

1. sandy Says:
      August 7th, 2007 at 9:04 pm

Speeling List By Grade????

looks like something isn’t spelled correctly….lol…got a laugh from it though…

2. Christine Says:
      September 13th, 2007 at 11:58 pm

I just starting homeschool my child. Do you know where I can get free printable spelling worksheets for her till I can the books that are needed.
      Thank you.

3. Tammin Says:
      September 3rd, 2008 at 2:49 am

Oh gosh, you can’t even spell spelling!!! It’s not speeling! And you’re supposed to teach needy homeschoolers to spell? …or should I say speel?

4. Lisa - Unschooling Mom Says:
      September 3rd, 2008 at 10:52 am

Hi you are right..my spelling is awful. Its actually my typing on not my spelling. I am a FANTASTIC speller :-)
      I actually have an degenerative eye disease that prevents me from seeing keyboard and screen properly.
      I really need a larger monitor and should use giant font but kids are always changing it back.
      Thanks for pointing out the spelling error. You will find TONS of errors on my site. It has nothing to do with my intelligence or abilities to teach.

5. Bellport Says:
      November 21st, 2008 at 11:43 am

I was home schooled as a child for several years and it really gave me an opportunity to get ahead of the rest of the pack by the time I re-entered the public school system. Its great to see you offering valuable resources to those who would try and give their children more. Keep up the great work!

6. Cindy Says:
      March 18th, 2009 at 1:15 pm

Lisa, Kudos to you for such a gracious reply to a very unkind remark. Whatever happened to “be ye kind” or “do unto others”? Or if you aren’t religious, how about, “if you can’t say something nice – don’t say anything at all…”

7. Leslie Says:
      August 23rd, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Lisa, I too want to applaud you for your most gracious response to the negative comments. I pride myself on being an excellent speller. But sometimes my F-key sticks, sometimes I’m tired and sometimes I just hit the wrong darn key! We are all human and make mistakes. Clarifying and correcting them is the essential part, which you’ve done. Thanks for the helpful links & keep up the good work! :)

8. Marlene Says:
      June 9th, 2011 at 11:57 am

Cindy, Very well said.

I think it is awesome that Lisa is willing to be so vulnerable. I also think it is awesome for Lisa to offer these lists to us. If there are errors…it will just keep us on the ball with our kids. I am a good speller and can easily see the mistakes without making a huge issue of it. Thanks Lisa.

Comments